Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 24years old and don't have morning most of the time. I…

Customer Question
I am 24years old and...
I am 24years old and don't have morning wood most of the time. I sometimes have trouble keeping an erection, except if I am having oral sex. this has been the case for my whole adult life. sometimes problems with girls are more frequent due to the fear of losing an erection and i will lose it every time, and sometimes they are less frequent and then i will lose it only maybe once in every three-four intercourses. but the problem has never vanished entirely. i stopped smoking recently, i do drink ocasionally, and i eat releatively healthy. i am in very good shape and i don't suffer from any kind of condition, not that i know of, so i don't take any medication, either. what's going on with me, Doc?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Urologist: Dr Josh, Physician replied 9 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having loss of erection/weak erection/keeping the erection is medically called as ED(erectile dysfunction).Its most common causes are: stress,depression and anxiety,cigarette smoking,nerve or spinal cord damage,low testosterone levels,certain medications,.

As you do not have any underlying medical condition,so stress,anxiety seems to be the most probable cause.

Also this is the most common cause of ED.The 'fear' of losing erection & other psychological causes can be the probable cause.

You need following tests:

-Ultrasound,

-Neurological evaluation,

-Dynamic infusion cavernosometry(DIC) and cavernosography (DICC),

-Nocturnal tumescence test.

- Blood testosterone levels

The treatment depends on the cause.It includes Oral medications like Sildenafil (Viagra),Tadalafil (Cialis),life style improvements (for example; quitting smoking, and exercising more), ,testosterone therapy.

You may also need psychological counselling.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician