Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

How do I diagnose prostatitis and what is cure, No no

Customer Question
How do I diagnose...

How do I diagnose prostatitis and what is cure

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No no medication

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take antidepressants

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Urologist: Dr Josh, Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

May i know your age?

What are your symptoms?

Do you have burning urination?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

72 years. Frequency after sex and alcohol. No burning
The site said charge $5. Why $ 66

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, Prostatitis is the inflammation (swelling) of the prostate gland.

There are two main types of prostatitis:

1. Chronic prostatitis – Here the symptoms come and go over a period of several months; it's the most common type; it's not usually caused by an infection

2. Acute prostatitis- Here symptoms are severe and develop suddenly.

Symptoms with prostatitis are-

- pain in and around your penis, testicles, anus, lower abdomen

- frequent or urgent need to urinate.

- enlarged or painful prostate on rectal examination.

This is diagnosed by-

-Digital Rectal Examination.

-Urine examination- for checking infection.

The line of treatment is-

-Painkillers and a two to four week course of antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin

- Alpha-blocker, such as tamsulosin, this would relax the muscles in the prostate gland and the base of the bladder.

Such symptoms, usually clears with a course of antibiotics. It's important to take the full course to ensure that the infection clears completely.

Please see your primary doctor and get it clinically evaluated.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

-

Please refund $66. Your price quoted $5. False and misleading conduct. C Freeman AM. L LB

I am sorry for the confusion.

I am sending your request to moderator.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician