Dr. David, MD
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
41363181

I once did a doppler ultrasound of my penis about 5-6 months

Customer Question

I once did a doppler ultrasound of my penis about 5-6 months ago. The Doctor injected me on the right side of the shaft, to stimulate an erection. This gave me a large bruise and hematoma, covering a large part of the right side of the penis and which caused me a lot of pain for several months afterwards. Recently most of it had healed up and I went to the Urologist for a different problem (testicle pain), and the Doctor decided to feel around on my penis. He squeezed it very hard to see if he could feel any lumps.What happened was that the old bruise that had almost went away opened up again and I now have a large bruise on the right side again. I also have quite a lot of pain, which increases if I try to get an erection.What can he have damaged there? Is it superficial or is it in the tunica or the corpus cavernosum? Attached a picture of how it looks:
https://s2.postimg.org/ihtezb9ex/IMG_0131.jpg
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have these issues.

are you able to have morning erections now?

most likely the bruising is superficial and not damage in the tunica or corpus cavernosum.

I don't see too much bruising in the photo

I do see a mild bend in your penis, but this can be normal when you are flaccid.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Morning erections are a bit better, they are not 100%. A lot of my original issues seem to be stress related and about cramped muscles in the pelvic floor. I do have a bit of a bend to the left, is this what you are referring to? In the image I am tilting the penis towards the left just to get a better picture though.The bruise isn't terribly noticeable on the image. Either way you can see that there is a bruise though? I just think it's a bit strange that the bruise is still there almost 6 months later. Usually they should subside in a week or two?Lets say worst case scenario when I got the injection originally, that the Doctor damaged the tunica a little bit. Could simply squeezing the penis 6 months (relatively roughly) later open that wound up again? Shouldn't that have been healed by that point?The original injection was made just below the glans, but the bruise shows about an inch below the glans. I don't understand why he used such an angle. Aren't you supposed to inject more or less with a 90 degree angle? And preferably close to the base?

very often, bruises can take months to resolve.

the body has to remove cell by cell all of the red blood cells which leaked out of blood vessels in the area.

squeezing the penis 6 months later could open the wound again.

eating more protein and fruits and vegetables can help you heal your wound

regular exercise and proper sleep and drinking enough water and fluids can help you heal the wound properly

avoiding smoking and alcohol can help your wound heal better

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com