Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My ob/gyn told me I have a cyst close to my urethra. So I…

Customer Question
My ob/gyn told me...

My ob/gyn told me I have a cyst close to my urethra. So I scheduled an appointment with an urologist. But in the last 2 days its has got ten times bigger. I think it finally opened. Cause there was all kinds of stuff in my underwear and alittle blood. Now it's back to its semi-normal size. What do I do? Do I got to the ER? Do I call my urologist back and hopefully get in to see him?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

This is my first one. So acute.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I used to suffer from ovarian cysts. But other then that no.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Urology
7/28/2017
Urologist: Dr. Norm S., Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor

Since it's not longer so big, I don't think you need to go to the ER.

You likely had an abscess of a sub-urethral cyst. Since it's drained, nature took care of what the urologist would have done, which is to open and drain it.

Now the condition is more chronic. I would keep your appointment to see the urologist. If you still have a cyst, it can likely be removed fairly easily.

In the meantime, it would be best to soak in warm water with epsom salts. That will keep the area clean , be soothing and healing. Best wishes.