Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I'm 51, male, smoker, overweight and have had high BP since

Customer Question

Hi, I'm 51, male, smoker, overweight and have had high BP since 36 yrs of age. For the past 4 years, I've been noticing I pass a foamy, darker urine than before. In my annual health check, last year my creatnine was reported as 1.2 with PSA at 0.3, and this year it's 2.1, along with PSA at 1.6. Should I be worried and what can I do about it?
JA: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?
Customer: No pain or burning sensation. My urine is dark yellow now, whereas it used to be light yellow earlier.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: No burning. I am having a bit of discomfort while passing stools and theres a little bit of pain in lower abdomen, something like a dull ache, a feeling of heaviness that doesnt go away. No other physical changes.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Hmm, only that I take Telmasartan+amlodopine for my BP for the past 8=10 yrs. With the meds, my BP is 130/90. Thanks.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Just to clarify, you say your creatinine is now 2.1 correct?