The Physician
The Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Versatile Emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician.
37289694

I had a CT scan for abdominal pain last week and the

Customer Question

Hello, I had a CT scan for abdominal pain last week and the radiologist has found masses on my liver and kidney. My recent set of blood labs do not show any abnormalities regarding their function. I am including a link to the radiology report and a video clip of the mass from CT images. I am worried that I may have cancer and have scheduled an MRI and Ultrasound for next week to take a closer look at the masses. In the meantime, I would like to have any information I can from a professional. Most importantly, I would like to know if these results generally seem to lean one way or another towards a possibility of cancer. I understand that there is no way to know until further tests are completed, however in your experience, would these preliminary results tend to be more indicative of benign or malignant tumors. I know you cannot answer with any certainty, but I am just looking for any professional opinion based on experience. Below is the link to the CT results and short video of the image series. Thank you so much for your help. It is extremely appreciated.https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2g6fza2skfn3f2/CT_Scan_Results.pdf?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/l12snnbns5h1b9c/CT_SCAN.mpeg?dl=0
Category: Urology
Expert:  The Physician replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com. I am an Emergency physician with over 25 years multi-disciplinary experience. I am going to be your expert in this question.

What symptoms are you having ?

How long did you have symptoms?

Do you have any medical conditions?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I went to get a CT scan because of bad abdominal pain after eating, which I had for an entire month. I lost 25lbs in that month, which I now attribute to barely eating during that time because of the pain it causes. My doctor had put me on antibiotics and that pain has since been eliminated. However, my doctor wanted a scan of my stomach/intestines done just in case. The kidney and liver growths seem to be incidental findings, in my opinion. I should note, that for about 4 months, I have been feeling a strong tingling/crawling feeling in my back for about 50% of the day, in the exact spot behind the large 7cm mass. It is very evident and not imagined. I do eat a lot of raw fish, so I was weighing the possibility of that growth containing some kind of kidney parasite, especially considering the crawling feeling I have, which of course could also be just a nerve with pressure on it from the growth.The only medical condition I have is high blood pressure which is treated with medication successfully, and elevated cholesterol. My Eosphilis count is also currently elevated to 6%, other than that all of my blood labs are in normal ranges. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Thank you.

I am concerned of the coincidence on the Right kidney and liver. The Kidney lesion is large

The most common renal mass is a cyst, or fluid-filled sac arising from the kidney, but those are easily identified as such by ultrasound and CT scan. Yours appear solid. Solid masses are worrisome for cancer. They tend to be cancerous in about 80% of the time. Which means about one in five masses with characteristics suspicious for cancer on the imaging test will not be cancerous, but is generally treated with the expectation that it is cancerous.

The liver mass is less contentious, as there are more benign lesions and just very few malignant lesions.

The question is, Did a Kidney lesion haul off a metastatic lesion to the liver? I am not trying to be SCARY. Just wan you to be informed, and brace up for the MRI.

Like I said, most are treatable. This is 21st century, and there are institutions that have been dedicated to fight with you, should the result be positive for neoplasm

Thanks for making it JA

Please remember to hit the accept button and rate me

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** was very informative. Could you kindly tell me your name so I can include in my research notes. Thank you.

Please remember to click the accept button and rate me before you close.

Thanks again.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I please ask your name? Thanks.