Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

Slight burning in urethra when starting to urinate and

Customer Question
burning ejaculation. what can this...
Slight burning in urethra when starting to urinate and burning ejaculation. what can this be?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Urology
7/18/2017
Urologist: medicaldoctor, Urologist replied 5 months ago
medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor, Urologist

Welcome to justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

Burning during urination and burning while ejaculation suggests a urinary tract infection in most cases.

It is confirmed by doing a URINALYSIS

URINALYSIS will reveal the underlying cause of your symptoms.

You should increase the intake of water and have a cranberry juice for burning sensation.

You can also take OTC painkillers[ibuprofen,diclofenac] for relief of this pain.

You might be needing an antibiotic if urinalysis shows it to be due to UTI.

I hope this helps

Please do let me know if you have any questions

If done for now please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread,you are not charged for giving a rating and can ask any follow up questions even after positive ratings.

Thank you

kind regards

i got urine culture and it came back negative

Since how long are you having these symptoms?

What antibiotics have you used?

i had this issue exactly 4 weeks ago and i used levaquin. it was completely cured and now which is 3 weeks from finishing the antibiotic course i got this problem
i have been having these symptoms for a week now

Urinary tract infections can recur and antibiotics are needed again.

At times passage of small kidney stone concretions can irritate the urethra lading to burning pain.

But this is most likely a recurrent UTI and you will need an antibiotic.

Have you ever had an ultrasound KUB[kidney ureter and bladder]?

no i never had ultrasound before

Recurrent UTI in males are not common and if occur and Ultrasound KUB is done to look for any structural anomalies or stones which lead to recurrent infections.

also i forgot to mention. these symptoms came back after i masturbated. Like i masturbated on sunday and these symptoms started from monday

Is there any discharge from your penis?

no

I would suggest you to have an ultrasound done.

what do you think it is?

It is a UTI that is recurring.

Urine culture can become negative after intake of antibiotic and does not remain reliable.

Ultrasound will make things more clear.

i have bactrim with me. Should I use it?

Yes use it but make sure you do not skip a dose and take it for 5 days.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread,you are not charged for giving a rating,you can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.

Hi there,just checking in to see how things are going.Do you need any further assistance?

no i feel completely normal. Did not take any antibiotics, may be irritation in urethra. Thanks
Urologist: medicaldoctor, Urologist replied 4 months ago

You are welcome.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating for this consultation by clicking on the stars on top left of the thread,You are not charged for giving a rating.

Thank you.

medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor
medicaldoctor, Urologist