Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was having dreadful spasm in my bladder, 24/7. I always…

I was having dreadful...

I was having dreadful spasm in my bladder, 24/7. I always felt pain and a great deal of pressure. I went to my doctor! She claimed I had Pelvic floor dysfunction from a previous surgery!! I kept telling her, for three years, it was my bladder!! She told me, I just thought that; it was coming from my vagina!! I went to PT, took muscle relaxers and muscle suppositories; nothing helped. I was in bed, most of the time, for three years!! In March, I passed a very large bladder stone, in a huge blood clot, with a surgerical chip in the center!! Went to ER!! Had a fellow up CT scans and blood work. My kidney functions are a mess!! Could have Kidney Disease, because of this, three years; she is telling me, it is impossible that I had a bladder stone for three years!! However, as soon as i passed it, my original pain was gone and has never come back!! She claims, either I never had one, because the stone is gone or I only had it for a short time!!! during the three years, never ran one test: did not even test my urine!! However, did do blood work, and my kidney functions were very off!! I ask her about it: told me not to worry, I was fine. I had a bladder stone, for three years, sorry, I do not care what anyone says!! The pain was horrible, for three years!!

Doctor's Assistant: Is the condition chronic, or acute?

I do not know yet!! I hope it will get better!!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have HHT and a cancer survivor!

7/11/2017
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I have read your description of what happened.

We answer medical questions.

What is your question about all of this/?

She claims, it is impossible to have a bladder stone for three years,, I did, was in constant pain24/7.. Days I could not get out of bed. She never ran a test,, claimed I had pelvic floor dysfunction that did not respond to treatment.. She claims this is impossible to have a bladder stone this long.. How would she know if she never ran any test,, wants I passed the stone, my pain was gone,, I might have kidney damage because of it,, it show on my blood work, but she told me I was fine,,

I understand.

What is your question for us, or questions

Is it possible to have a bladder stone for three years,, I swear I did!! MY Dreadful pain was gone, within minutes after I passed it! I still had some pain from passing it but 99 percent better, is this possible..
She states, I should blame the cancer surgeon because of the clips, if there really was a stone. I have a picture, also ER reports and urologist reports, lab reports and reports of the stone. Says it it is impossible to have a stone like this or that long,,
Just asking a question,, is this so difficult to answer.. Truly, indeed,, I should call,you??? Q

This is Dr. David

I see you have asked for a new expert

how old are you?

it doesn't sound like you would have a bladder stone for 3 years

you should consult with a urologist and get a cystoscopy procedure

I suspect you have interstitial cystitis inflammation of your bladder causing pain.

you need a cystoscopy scope to look on the inside of your bladder.

it doesn't sound like your primary care doctor is willing to refer you to see a urology specialist

you may have to find one yourself.

OMG!! what is it you people do not get,, I was in pain, for over three years!! I knew it was from my bladder!! MY doctor said no: Pelvic Floor Dsyfunction but never ran one test.. Dreadful pain, for three years, days could not get out of bed or go to church. In March, passed a huge blood clot with a balder stone, inside, was a sugical clip, from my cancer surgery!! DO NOT. Blame the surgeon; things happen..Went to ER! They saw the clip,, referred to a uriogist who ran tests, including ct scan, blood work, urine etc. Came back, my bladder and kidneys were clear of temors or and clip, including , other organs!! Once I passed this stone, my pain was almost gone. I am pain free today, 3 months later. I had that clip and stone inside my bladder three years. My uriogist told me to find a new primary care giver!! He claims, along with me, it was the bladder stone, you are saying, NO??
However, they think, because the stone was left untreated for so long, I have kidney damage!! It shows up on blood work!!

I see.

yes you can have a stone in your bladder for 3 years irritating your bladder.

I'm glad you are pain free now.

kidney damage would show up on your blood testing.

you would not have kidney damage from a stone being in your bladder for 3 years.

Truly, that is not what all my specialist are saying. They claim, if a stone, if left untreated, with the pain I had, my kidneys were not getting rid of all the toxins in my body. I was toxic!! I lost my balance, fell, many time, once brain concussion, loss of weight, energy and never wanted to eat!!! I feel much better now!! The doctors pray my kidney functions will return to normal.. I pray that too!! Would I stone, like this, always show up on Xray??

small bladder stones may not show up on xray

they are best to be seen on a bladder ultrasound scan or a cystoscopy to go into the bladder itself.

No, I do not want to talk!! I could have had this clip,and stone for years!! I have had problems going pottie, for many years, since my surgery!! Always had to bend my head down to waist!! thought it was the surgery. Do not have to do that any longer,,, do not want to talk on the phone. This has been dreadful day, that my doctor said I could not have had what I am explaining,,, it breaks my heart!! I know the pain was from my bladder stone, I know my kidney damage is from it.. My doctor told me, because of the stone, my kidneys were not allowed to empty my urine into the bladder!!! God only knows how long that clip has been there!! could have been 10 years!!! How long does it take for a stone to encapsulate a surgical clip,,

kidney stones in the renal pelvis can cause pain and can cause swelling of the kidneys called hydronephrosis and back of urine in the kidneys which can cause kidney dysfunction.

usually this cause pain and can be detected by an ultasound of the kidneys.

I am sorry you had this pain and kidney issue for such a long time

let me know if you have questions or how I can help.

Dr. David, MD