Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a case of premature ejaculation. It was not always…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a case of...
Hi.
I have a case of premature ejaculation. It was not always the case. Ever since I got into a relationship my current partner I have been noticing it. We have been dating for about 9 months now..
Is there treatments available ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
6/25/2017
Urologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist replied 1 year ago

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

I am writing you the answer. It may take couple of minutes more.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay.

The causes can be collectively due to various factors like;

1) Hormonal

2) 5 HT dysfunction

3) Hyperexcitable ejaculation or hyperarousability

4) Penis hypersensitivity

5) Poor ejaculatory control

6) Infrequent sex

7) Anxiety

8) Performance stress

One or many factors can play role simultaneously. Urologist's assessment would be able to give the clue and then are dealt appropriately.

Following measures are helpful for premature ejaculation;

1) Application of lidocaine on glans about 20-30 minutes before the intercourse.

2) Learning of squeeze technique; your physician or urologist can give counsel about this (you learn to squeeze the erect penile shaft before the ejaculatory reflex is stimulated; see the mayo clinic reference resource below also)

3) Medical therapy;

a) clomipramine, phenoxybenzamine are the medication which can be helpful to you.

b) Numerous studies have shown that selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and drugs with SSRI-like side effects are safe and effective to treat premature ejaculation. So you need to get the prescription of any of the following medications;

1) Sertraline

2) Fluoxetine

3) Clomipramine

4) Paroxetine

5) Citalopram

The other way suggested is the masturbate 3-4 hours before the sex. The ejaculation is significantly delayed than with the sexual act, if you get an erection in 3-4 hours.

4) Female up position; this delays the ejaculation

5) Avoidance of stress: performance stress, again increases the premature ejaculation and aggravate the situation.

6) Talk to your physician about the problem in the presence of your spouse and together this can be easily handled.

7) Sex therapy sessions.

Read this resource;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/premature-ejaculation/DS00578

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this helpful to you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you very much . Can u recommend me to a good urologist in Colombo ?

You are most welcome.

The best bet is; urologist working in hospital attached to a medical college.

It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.

I am sorry, I do not personally know a Urologist in Colombo.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/