Dr. David, MD
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
41363181

I have a question for dr. when will i get relief from this

I have a question for dr. Joshwhen will i get relief from this burning pee. I went to urgent care and they found my urine is normal. But i asked them to culture my urine. It will take 4 days for results to come. Also i asked him for PCR urehtra swab, he said it is not herpes and if it was herpes in urethra i wouldnt be standing here. The pain will be so excrutiating that i wont even be able to stand. Is it true? I did not get the PCR swab. Do you think i should get it?
Also i noticed one thing, when I am drinking cranberry juice there is no burning at all. what could this be?hello doctor, sorry to bother you. i want to explain my symptoms for the past 3 days
Next day after masturbation:
Day 1: Started having burning urination. And my penis head was burning constanlty through out the day
Day 2: Burning has reduced a bit.
Day 3 (today): Last night applied ice on penis for 15 mins. Skipped breakfast today (after a long time). Was on empty stomach for half day. Drank only water and cranberry juice. As soon as I drank cranberry juice on empty stomach loose stool has started and its through out the day.
I noticed an increase in dribbling after I urinate and it feels like threre is constantly some type of liqiud sitting inside of my urthra just waiting to drip out and does occasionly.hello doctor, i got tested for all STDs. should get results in 2 days. Is HIV 4th Gen conclusive at 38 day (almost 6 weeks)?
2. I am worried that my herpes test will come positive. Also you said by 6 week 70% will test positive. I am close to 6 weeks (4 days short). does the percentage still stay the same if I come negative (by Gods grace)
3. I took Full panel STD tests (HIV, Herpes, Gonn, Chlam, Trich, Hep A,B,C). What all tests are conclusive?
4. I called my urologist and told him about my exposure and symptoms. He prescribed me Levaquin. My burning and pain during urination has reduced a lot compared to first day. but it is still there (not all times, its on and off). He said that it might be due to irritation and levaquin will work for irritation and inflammation. Should I start taking it or just wait for some more time.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

1. yes, HIV 4th gen is conclusive at 38 days.

2. your symptoms don't point to herpes. I bet you don't have herpes in your urethra.

you need to work on drinking more water and fluids and avoiding spicy foods, caffeine and alcohol which can irritate your urethra.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello doctor, like you said my herpes IGG test came back negative. Do you think I should leave all this behind and move on? Or should I retest at 3 months?

no you don't need more testing.

you should move on

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm still having slight burning and pain while urination. When will this thing go away?

it will go away with more time

drink more water and urinate frequently

you don't have to worry about herpes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I go to a urologist?

you don't need to see a urologist.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello doctor, my burning sensation has reduced but i have slight discomfort while urinating. I went to my urologist, he looked everything and said everything looks fine. Also he said i dont have to retest again as 6 weeks STDs are conclusive. When will i get relief from this burning sensation. Its been a week.

your sensation has been reduced

work on drinking more water and avoid alcohol and spicy foods and alcohol.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello doctor, i think the burning is gone but i do have my discomfort in my urethra and penis head. can i masturbate?

yes, you can masturbate.

please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will the pain or burning be back if i masturbate. i amm scaed and i dont want to go through that pain again

the only way to know is try try it

and drink more water and fluids and avoid alcohol and caffeine and spicy foods.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i am having real urge to masturbate. holding it off for 2 weeks now.

that is fine to masturbate

a little burning when you masturbate doesn't mean you have an STD.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i am not worried about STDs anymore. i am worried about damaging my penis

you will not damage your penis.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello doctor, why does it burn to pee immediately after masturbation? i used to happen to earler too but never bothered

the burning is mild and doesn't last long

it is normal to have some irritation of your urethra after masturbation

this is not a sign of damage.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello doctor, the burning and pain while urination are completely gone. Thanks for you assurance. Do you think I need to test again on my exposure for STDs epecially HIV and Herpes?

no, you don't need more testing.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello doctor, my symptoms have gone and i feel completely normal. Can i start drinking coffee again or should i leave it forever? If i can drink, how much do you recomend per day?

you can drink one cup a day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are there any side effects with coffee?

the caffeine can cause some dehydration and fast heart rate, but usually one cup is ok.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello doctor, I am on high fiber diet and I think the problem is coming back. i have very slight (close to negligible) discomfort in penis. Can It be due to diet or am i overthinking here?

you are overstressing here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
does high fiber diet has any side effects?

it can cause some gas

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello doctor, I have slight burning sensation in urethra (when starting to pee) and i did ejaculate now and it was painful and burning. What can this be? is it prostatitis? I am really scared doctor. Something is wrong with my body. I screwed my life.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i dont have pain anywhere else. Also i got urine culture 4 weeks ago which came back negtive
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there is slight burning in opening of my anus

you should start a new question thread for me here

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i started new thread can you answer there?

you didn't ask for me on the new thread.

I think another doctor is helping you there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i did. I said" i have a question for dr. david"

yes, I got it.