Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

About 2 months ago I believe I torn the top part of my

Hi, about 2 months ago...
Hi, about 2 months ago I believe I torn the top part of my urethra (the part just below the opening of my penis). I went to a regular doctor and was prescribed some basic pain medicine and antibiotics for possible infection. It has since healed although sometimes it can be uncomfortable if I pee too hard. The problem is now, when I have sex, the tip of my penis is extra sensitive and it makes me climax very quickly. Will the sensitivity go away with time? Is there anything I can do besides numbing cream to fix this or is this something that I need to get checked out again?
Thank you.
5/24/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Well, I understand that you reach climax very quickly and penis is extra sensitive.

This is called as Premature ejaculation. This is a very common complaint and in a study it was found that as many as 1 out of 3 men may be affected by this problem at some time.

Yes, it can be managed.

To treat this condition, you need to use these tips-

1. You should practice Yoga and meditation for relaxation. Deep breathing exercises will help in resolving stress. Keep yourself busy in your hobbies.

2. You should go for exercise 3-4 times a week. A good evening walk will help in keep stress away. Have a good friend circle, and have a healthy social chat.

3. Topical anesthetic creams containing lidocaine dull the sensation on the penis to help delay ejaculation, it can be prescribed your doctor.

4. Your doctor can prescribe medications to delay ejaculation. These are- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI's) such as sertraline (Zoloft), paroxetine (Paxil) or fluoxetine (Prozac).
If the timing of your ejaculation doesn't improve,then your doctor may prescribe the tricyclic antidepressant clomipramine (Anafranil).

5. Counselling sessions can helps to reduce performance anxiety or find effective ways of coping with stress and solving problems. You can take help from Psychologist.

6. You can use several techniques like-
A)"Stop and Start" method
B)"Squeeze" method.
Kindly check this link to read in detail about these 2 methods-

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001524.htm

I would recommend that you should follow above mentioned tips, and see your doctor for follow up.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay this is very helpful. Will the extra sensitivity go away with time? As this just started occurring ( the premature ejaculation) after I hurt the tip.

Yes, with time usually it would go away.

Also, please use above measures.

Remain away from stress/ anxiety issue. keep yourself relaxed.

God bless you and take care.

Don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's great news, thank you so much. I'll make sure to do 5 stars.Take care!

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Thanks for using justanswer.com