How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20143
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For about a year and a half now, i have had wjat looks like

Customer Question

For about a year and a half now, i have had wjat looks like a inflamed/swollen meatus urethra tip. I feel like it has something to do with a sexual encounter that i had around that time about a year and a half ago where i recieved oral sex which makes me concerned. A month after this encounter i took a urine STD test and the results came back negative. Just recently i took another set of tests for chlamydia gonorrhea hiv, urine culture, and a blood count. I didnt get a call so i assume they came back negative as well. Sometimes there is a slight burn at the end of urination but not during and the meatus seems to get more irritated after and during masturbation. Masturbation feels more wierd on the tip than usual so i have stopped since i am afraid it might become more irritated. Since i have stopped, it still looks irritated though. I told my doctor about this and he looked and said it doesnt look concerning and said it can be irritation from clothing but something thats been bothering me for this long and the fact that it happened not to long after this encounter makes me think otherwise. Ive read online that people have this same problem and urologists supply them with creams that dont help and they just eventually dismiss the problem because they dont know and they say its all in the patient's head. I also read that chlamydia can stay in your prostate and turn up negative on urine test results without you even knowing you have it. This makes me extremely concerned. I have been using antifungal cream for about 4 days now and it seems to not work either. I have been taking uva ursi incase this has to do with a UTI or something. drinking water with apple cider vinegar. Nothing seems to help with this. I am just severly worried about what is going on. Just today my lower right side of my back started hurting a bit like its an irritating feeling. I am stressing out that something deadly is brewing in my body and i feel like it all is linked to this sexual encounter i had over a year ago.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 4 months ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As you can see the meatus looks red and swollen or something.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Any ideas on what this can be? It doesnt look normal to me and i am extremely concerned.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the image sent .

It looks like you have a chronic inflammation of the glands near the urethral opening.

This is called gland infection. Their infection is very rare, and must be treated with all investigations to rule out bacterial causes and a STD, and treated accordingly.There is nothing to worry about, it is not very dangerous or life threatening, as long as you get it treated. Having an unprotected intercourse with your partner if you have an infection, can infect the partner as well Hope this helped.

The method to treat is to take a 2 week oral antibiotic course for it .

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.


Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sure hope youre right and this isnt something that can be seriously life thratening in the future. Sorry but idk if its my anxiety or not but recently my lower sides have been mildly hurting (not serious pain) One day one side is mildly irritating and the next day it switches to the other side. Can this infection be the cause of it? I am also worried because i read online that chlamydia can stay in your body without you even knowing about it and urine tests show up negative. And another thing that worries me is the Hpv virus because I heard that certain strains can cause cancer down the line. Also, during masturbation, sometimes i can feel a warm feeling rising from the urethra. Is this something that should be treated immediately? Should I restrain from masturbation? My next doctors appointment is in 2 months and ive had this thing for like a year and a half now. The doctor basically dismissed it the first time and said it was due to rubbing against clothing and i feel like it will be dismissed again.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are there any home remedies that you recommend to help with this problem? Ive been using crotrimozole antifungal cream which doesnt seem to be helping. Ive also been taking apple cider vinegar/baking soda detox baths.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your query.

This is definitely not life threatening.

This is not a chlamydia infection nor is a HPV virus infection.

You can continue with the home remedies & masturbation. No need to stop that.

The best treatment for this condition a 2 week antibiotic course to remove the inflammation.


Dr Pravin