Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery) Vast experience and routinely perform all urology procedures including endoscopy.
5625079

My step father had an ER visit 3 days ago because of history

Customer Question

Hello!My step father had an ER visit 3 days ago because of history of pancreatitis. When he had his CT scan done, they found a 4.5 cm mass on the upper pole of his left kidney and the CT report said "4.5 cm RCC mass, until determined otherwise". So, since he has had no pain or symptoms, will they want to do surgery right away? He will see a urologist in two days. I know I should wait, but i can't get my mind to stop turning at the wheels. Thank you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

In a renal cell carcinoma, surgery would be contemplated early. Though he would need further investigative work up, which may take 3-5 days. Surgery is usually undertaken at early date so spread can be prevented.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for answering. Have a great day!
Expert:  Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your stepfather, i see that you have requested a new expert, what additional information would you like to know? Or do you want a second opinion regarding the renal mass?

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.