How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DR. RK Your Own Question
DR. RK, Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 2904
Experience:  M.B.B.S.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DR. RK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 weeks ago I had a kidney stone. I went to a urologist and

Customer Question

2 weeks ago I had a kidney stone. I went to a urologist and he sent me for a CAT Scan. 3 days later he called and said that the stone had descended and I should be able to pass it, he also gave me a prescription for Flow Max. I still have an uncomfortable feeling in the bladder area. Not exactly a pain but more like a slight sore feeling that comes and goes. Could this be from straining or an abrasion from the stone?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  DR. RK replied 4 months ago.

Dear customer,

You should drink a lot of water along with the prescribed medication as this will help you in flushing the stone out of the body.The uncomfortable feeling is likely to be due to the stone causing physical contact with the mucosa while descending.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you