DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

Second opinion] I am having a problem with frequent

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hi. I am having a problem with frequent urination. I don't actually have to urinate when I have the urge, it's just a few drops that come out half the time. But 40 seconds late I feel the urge again. I also have pain in my front left abdomen. My back is sore but I think it's just from me sitting all day. I go to school online so most of my day is spent sitting. I also had a back injury a few years ago, so I've had back pain before but nothing that affected my urine. I've been to the hostipal, they checked my urine and nothing was wrong with it. I thought it was a kidney stone because I just had one 2 months ago but I was wrong. Ive been having this urine problem for about 3 weeks now, I first noticed it when I was taking batrim 3 weeks ago, I got off of the batrim because it was making my systems worse and I still have the urge to urinate a lot. It's so much I that I can't even lay in bed without being bothered. Laying on my back in bed nakedness it worse. I noticed if I am sitting down, in the fetal position in bed my symptoms feel way better and sometimes feel like they are barely even there. I've had a CT with contrast scan, X-ray and ultrasound and nothing showed up wrong. My abdomin feels like I have a muscle rip, but on a 1-10 pain scale it's just a 2. The muscle pain isn't what is bothering me, it's the constant urination. I also noticed that during masturbation my symptoms go away, but I don't know if that's just normal.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Laying down on my back makes the urge worse. When this all started, I did play volleyball very rough and a few days later this started.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Batrim gives me symptoms of a uti. I had pressure in my spine and had physical therapy.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 4 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 4 months ago.

I have reviewed your previous post.

What medicine were you taking, was it bactrim, and why?

What type of doctor saw you.

Are you male or female.

Your age?

Other medical problems?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2 months ago I had a UTI so I took batrim, then 7 days later I got a kidney stone. Three weeks ago I thought I was getting a uti again , so I took batrim again but my symptoms got worst, like having to urinate way more. I got off batrim but all the symptoms stayed with me for 3 weeks now. I'm a male and I am 26
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 4 months ago.

was this left over bactrim?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it was
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just got a urine test yesterday and it all showed up negative for a infection.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It feels like my bladder is shaking or really weak.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 4 months ago.

OK

So you need to see a doctor specifically for a prostate exam and assessment.

You can have infection of the prostate and it can not show up.

Exam of the prostate and stimulation of the gland is needed first, then a urine sample, not just the urinalysis , but a culture as well.

A urologist would be the best doctor to see.

It can also be inflammation without infection and the doctor can hep you determine this.

Let me know of more questions or concerns.

Please click a positive rating at this point, this is very important and a 5 will get me credit with justanswer, but we can follow up here as needed.