Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

My husband PSA in feb came out 4.3... so his diabetic dr

Customer Question
Ok my husband PSA in...
Ok my husband PSA in feb came out 4.3... so his diabetic dr recommend he se a urologist like a month r two afterwards he talked to my hubby and adviced he hv another blood work done after 2 of that my hubby had to see him again and the second time it was on 8 but we want a second opinion cuz he never has done nothing but just talk to him and now what we r concerned is he wants to do a biopsy so we are not to convinced on that
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: What do u mean
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Oh supposedly that my hubbys diabetic send it to him cuz he is the one that referred this dr
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Urology
5/10/2017
Urologist: Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist replied 6 months ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

I understand our concern regarding your husband's elevated PSA.

PSA less than 10 value is not that accurate to predict prostate cancer. This can be due to the benign enlarged prostate in most cases.
If he does not have any symptom, it is better to wait and get another PSA test in 3 months on total fasting of 10 hours.
Also free PSA level should be checked besides total PSA .

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist