Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have no insurance, and I need a 7mm kidney stone removed.

Customer Question

I have no insurance, and I need a 7mm kidney stone removed. Where can I go?? I have $$ to put down on the procedure.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Acute for now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I have no allergies. Im not allergic to anything. I don't drink or smoke.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should go to a large academic medical center. these centers and university medical centers get money from their states to treat patients who have no insurance.

so they would be willing to see you and treat you even if you don't have insurance

and they have social workers there who can help you apply for medicaid or www.healthcare.gov insurance plans.

let me know if you have questions.