Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have recently noticed that the erection that I get

Dear Sir , I have...
Dear Sir , I have recently noticed that the erection that I get fluctuates a bit , my flaccid size sometimes shrinks and sometimes when I get erection it's hard and strong . The medicine that u told me about will it cause low libido and weaker erection ??
2/24/2017
Muneeb Ali
Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine

Actually yes, it can have the side effect of decreased libido and in severe cases can affect the erections as well. Now i understand why your doctor doesnt want you to be on the SSRIs, it is because of your issues with erections. If you told your doctor about the erectile issues, then that could be a reason as to why he does not want you to use SSRIs regularly.

But the side effects DONT occur in every patient, they can occur in some of the patients who use this drug but NOT all.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sir how do I go about the problem now rectifying both the things ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long will it take me to be fit for physical activity and what method of treatment should I use now ??

do you have problems in achieving erections regularly? I mean whenever you want to have sexual intercourse then do you have problems in getting an erection at that time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't been physical active that much ? The last time I had sex I took viagra ? Erection was fine , but there was premature ejsculation , but in the morning 's I have flctuation in erection . 2 years back I had erection problem . But it's sometimes weak
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Whenever I masturbate I get an erection but sometimes it's weak and I ejaculate a bit quickly and sometimes my erection is good

IF you have normal erections and have no problems in getting aroused, the SSRIs are still an option. Paroxetine can be considered which is more safe in that regard.

Secondly, if SSRIs are off the table then you can have your doctor consider tramadol which can be used with viagra for premature ejaculation.

Other drugs which can be used are,

• Modafinil (Provigil).
  • Silodosin (Rapaflo).

Also consider using the behavioural techniques we talked about, you should talk to a sex therapist as well. Additionally try the pelvic floor exercises,

To perform these exercises:

• Find the right muscles. To identify your pelvic floor muscles, stop urination in midstream or tighten the muscles that keep you from passing gas. These maneuvers use your pelvic floor muscles. Once you've identified your pelvic floor muscles, you can do the exercises in any position, although you might find it easier to do them lying down at first.
  • Perfect your technique. Tighten your pelvic floor muscles, hold the contraction for three seconds, and then relax for three seconds. Try it a few times in a row. When your muscles get stronger, try doing Kegel exercises while sitting, standing or walking.
  • Maintain your focus. For best results, focus on tightening only your pelvic floor muscles. Be careful not to flex the muscles in your abdomen, thighs or buttocks. Avoid holding your breath. Instead, breathe freely during the exercises.
  • Repeat 3 times a day. Aim for at least three sets of 10 repetitions a day.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if there is erection issues I need to use tramadol only with viagra ? How do I finish the illness ?

If there are erectile dysfunction then yes tramadol can be used with viagra. As we discussed this in detail before, getting rid of the problem takes time and work. It wont be like that you take this drug and the problem will disappear, you need to work in a variety of ways. Use the drugs, try the pause and squeeze technique, use the lidocaine, do the exercises, work with a sex therapist with behavioural techniques. It is multi faceted treatment approach and will take time and effort on the part of your doctors as well as yourself.

Do you have any more questions?

Muneeb Ali
Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I quit masturbation will it help ??

Yes it will for a time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

welcome.