Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have just been diagnosed with prostate cancer with a

Customer Question

I have just been diagnosed with prostate cancer with a Gleason score of 6. It seems that a wait and watch policy is being adopted. Why would I not opt for focal radio therapy to try to eradicate the cancer at an early stage?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

the choice for treatment or watching is up to you

most prostate cancer gleason 6 low PSA below 10 prostate cancers are slow growing and may not affect you in your lifetime

if you worry about your prostate cancer growing, then you can get radiation therapy to successfully kill the cancer with small risks from radiation.