Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I recently was discharged from the hospital after a bad GI

Customer Question

Hello I recently was discharged from the hospital after a bad GI bug and diabetes (type I) issue. I was on sodium water for a couple days. Anyway it now burns bad when I have to go to the bathroom..will this pass or what can I do? I was on this stuff I've for about 2 days.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. I am Dr Saleem i will be happy sharing my opinion.

So you did not your urine tested at the hospital?Any other symptoms like fever or pain abdomen?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No was here for high blood suguar and mixed insulin with this water. Just burns bad and never has before but no repored abnormalities..

Burning with frequent urine urge points towards UTI. It is important to mention that diabetics have a much higher risk of getting UTIs owing to many factors . I can explain if you want. Have your urine tested for an infection. I would recommend you to take plenty of fluids, cranberry juice to relieve the burning and a course of antibiotics.

Do you have any more queries?

Please dont forget to ACCEPT with a positive rating by clicking the stars on your screen.