Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

My Testosteron level is very low they say, it's 4. What to

Customer Question
My Testosteron level is very...
My Testosteron level is very low they say, it's 4.What to do about it?
Can I not get any children anymore?
Can that level make me feeling depressive, affraid and very negative?
What to do now?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Urology
11/27/2016
Urologist: Dr. Chip, General Practice replied 11 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

Is that your free testosterone level?

And have you had a sperm study?

No sperm study, my doctor told me last friday my testosteron is 4, she told me to test again, but don't know if that's the free level or what. She told me only it was very low.

OK.

First off low testosterone levels don't affect sperm production or fertility so yes, you can still father children

And yes, very low testosterone can cause depression, weakness, and lack of sexual drive

You probably will need testosterone supplements--either in pill, patch, or injectable forms--to get you out of the depression and negativity

Please let me know if you need any more information

My level was 11.9 in March 2016, now it's 4. How is this possible?In march they told me I have Insulin Resistance, is that related to my testosterone level?
I'm also using medicine Pregabalin, can that effect the level of testosteron?

Yes, the insulin resistance is related to the testosterone level but not the pregabalin

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice