How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 34984
Experience:  MBBS MS (Surgery) Vast experience and routinely perform all urology procedures including endoscopy.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im 20 years old I have had a weakness in the base of my

Customer Question

Hey im 20 years old I have had a weakness in the base of my penis since I've always remembered.. even when full erect the base stays alot thinner, weaker than rest of the penis and also curves down, when I was alot younger around in my childhood I would get random erections and i would forcefully push my erections down from the base and i think that may have an affect on me now.. I can still penetrate into a vagina but there are certain positions I cannot perform.. since there is a weakened curve at the base it's easy to make my penis buckle and I start losing some of my erection..
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 months ago.

Were you examined by your doctor?

Does your penis curve or bend on erection at the weakened area?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It' bends down about 2cm past the base because it cannot support the erection weight of the rest of the penis it's approx a 45 degree drop from the bent area but if I try to hold my penis straight it buckles easily and my erections starts becoming weaker
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would call it more of a curve than a straight bend
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 months ago.

It is difficult to exactly predict the diagnosis but the possibilities are;

1) Chrodae; This is a congenital bending or curve which becomes prominent on erection.

2) An injury to penis tissue which healed by scarring.

3) Peyronie disease; which is a scar or lump/fibrotic tissue in the penis.

An ultrasound of the penis would diagnose it.

Treatment would be dependent on the diagnosis but usually either a surgery or injection at the site would be deployed.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It almost like this but alot thinner at base
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the curve is closer to the base
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 months ago.

This is likely to be chrodae or injury (and resultant scar).

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 months ago.


I saw the photo. You would need to see a referral to a urologist. You may need a minor surgery.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: