How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 31205
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Should I see a Urologist about shrinking foreskin or another

Customer Question

Should I see a Urologist about shrinking foreskin or another type doctor?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. I take heart meds: Lipitor, Lisinopril and baby aspirin.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I do have an AAA but it is being watched on a 6 month basis and has not grown enough to treat.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Can you tell me more about your foreskin problem please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I try to slide it back to wash, it is very tight and sometime it tears or splits a little and hurts. It started doing this about a year ago and seems to be getting worse. Is there some way to strech it to get the tight skin loose again?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.

OK Thanks

This is known as phimosis

You do need to see a urologist about this

Sometimes an application of cortisone cream for a month can take care of it, but must often it requires circumcision to remedy the problem

Please let me know if you need any more information