Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I just had an operation for kidney stones on the 12/13 10/

Customer Question

I just had an operation for kidney stones on the 12/13 10/ 2016. I had the stent removed on the 26/10/2016. Only 1 stone was left in the scan and that was taken out. Can stones form again in this short time?
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: at the moment I cannot sleep because of the pain.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: like? appendix out years ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear that you have a problem with kidney stones and you are having pain. Stones take months to years to form, so they should not return any time soon. The content of the stones will determine if you can control them with diet alone or diet and medication. If you have uric acid stones, then a medication such as Allopurinol will help reduce the uric acid in your system and new stone formation. Diet restrictions will also help, liver, brain kidney and red meat, because of their high purine content should be avoided. Also seafood and some fish, vegetables such as beans should also be avoided. If they are calcium oxide stones, then dairy products should be avoided. Discuss diet and medication with your doctor when the stone analysis is completed.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

How are you feeling?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

Was there any additional information that you would like?