How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, Medical doctor
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would like more info on urethral caruncle. I am 51 yrs old..

Customer Question

would like more info on urethral caruncle. I am 51 yrs old.. female, never had children. Noticed this 2 weeks ago.. Saw Urologist who dx caruncle. I am a PT and tend to lift pts throughout the day. Exercising especially squats seem to irritate. Conditioning for ski trip in early Jan. Wondering if I should pursue surgery? Recovery time? Have been doing sitz baths bid and estrace cream tiw
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes, urologist..... nothing other than estrace... aleve bid
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: leep 20+ yrs ago... incompetent cervix
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  khagihara replied 8 months ago.

If it is a large one with the symptom which doesn't subside with the treatment, you should have a biopsy and a surgery.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What does surgery entail? Recovery time? restrictions after surgery and for how long?