How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Muneeb Ali Your Own Question
Muneeb Ali
Muneeb Ali, Emergency Medicine
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 7082
Experience:  MBBS,MD,ECFMG certified. Have dealt with urological emergencies in the ER on a regular basis
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Muneeb Ali is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dysfunction problem. Told by Wills Eye Doctor not to use Ed.

Customer Question

Sexual Dysfunction problem. Told by Wills Eye Doctor not to use Ed. Pills due to NAION of right eye. What can help me with E.D. with marriage on line!
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Left eye good, right eye still bad. Last eye exam. in summer 2016 at Wills. But they also said problem could have been related to HBP or a piece of plaque that moved to eye. They didn't know what I could use for E.D.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: High Blood pressure and type II Diabetes.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Muneeb Ali replied 10 months ago.


Im sorry to hear about your situation. It is true that you should not use the common drugs which are prescribed for ED because of your NAION in the right eye as that can lead to development of the same condition in the left eye or even worsen the condition in your right eye. But there are other options which are available. One option is that of alprostadil injections directly into the penis or use of a suppository, while this has been associated with blurring of vision in some cases it has not been so far associated with the development or worsening of NAION in the eye. This is one drug which can be discussed with your doctors. If that is still not an option in your case then the safest option would be to use penile pumps which are available. These pumps can provide a working erection in most cases. A penis pump (vacuum erection device) is a hollow tube with a hand-powered or battery-powered pump. The tube is placed over your penis, and then the pump is used to suck out the air inside the tube. This creates a vacuum that pulls blood into your penis.Once you get an erection, you slip a tension ring around the base of your penis to hold in the blood and keep it firm. You then remove the vacuum device. Usually it keeps a penis long enough for you to have sexual intercourse, once the act is complete the tension ring is removed.

Now if the penis pump is not an option either or it doesnt work for you and the injections are not a viable alternative, then a penile implant is the next best option. This involves surgery and inserting an implant into the penis which can be controlled by you and it can create an erection on demand.

These options can be discussed with your doctor and you can see which one of these is the best one for you. The penis pump is the safest option as it has no chance of affecting your vision in anyway.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,