Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have loss some of my kidney function is there a way to

Customer Question

I have loss some of my kidney function is there a way to regain it?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? Are you taking any medications the doctor should know about?
Customer: Yes of but he tells me that it can't be fixed
JA: Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the doctor to know?
Customer: It started with high blood presser but I have that under control is is 130/80
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I din't even know I had a problem until my Doc did some blood work on me.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

How old are you?

M/F?

Why have you lost kidney function?

What is your diagnosis as it relates to your kidney's?

Are you on dialysis?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Male 64 years old,I have high blood pressure but I have it under control,I am not on dialysis I am on meds for high blood .I just want to improve my function so it won't get any worse my count is at 36 present.

Other than controlling your BP there is nothing you can do to improve your kidney function.

The best way to help your kidneys would be to consult with a urologist and, after she looks over your entire clinical picture, see what she has to say.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's got to be something people can do to improve your function.With all the research there must be something you can do

I wish there were but, in most instances, this is not the case.

Of course, the best person to advise you on what, if anything, you can do would be your urologist who knows your entire history best.....and -- as you already said -- she agrees with what I've told you here today.

Make sense?

Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.

Dr. Rick MD FACS