Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

My creatinine level is 1.14 and my doctor wants me to see a

Customer Question
nephrologist. JA: Have you seen a...
My creatinine level is 1.14 and my doctor wants me to see a nephrologist.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I take Metoprolol (25mg in evening) and Losartan/HZT (100/25 in the morning).
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take multivitamin, potassium and iron daily.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
11/9/2016
Urologist: Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice

Hello !

What is your weight ? Age ?

Did you get a # for eGFR?

The creatinine level of 1.14 can be normal range still for many people ..

You having high blood pressure can be due to kidney function ..

If you had a jump I'm the creatinine level from past then you may have some reason for concern..

If urinalysis has been found to have abnormal protein or blood present then that may be reason for concern

It seems that referral to nephrologist has more to it than just serum creatinine of 1.14 though ( not that bad at all...)

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards

Dr. Bray

Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD