How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 31582
Experience:  Years of experience with general surgery and urgent care
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have some prostate problems. I can feel pressure

Customer Question

I think I have some prostate problems. I can feel pressure on my rectum and my sex life has gone south. Is this symptoms of an enlarged prostate?
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: What dose that mean?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

Any problem with urinating like burning or going more often that usual?

And what exactly is the problem with your sex life?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
A little problem like going more often. I can't keep an erection long enough to have sex.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did you get that?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.


Definitely sounds like a prostatitis problem--an infected enlarged prostate gland. Not an STD and well treated with two weeks of an antibiotic like Septra or Cipro.

You need to see a doctor for a digital prostate exam and a urinalysis and for a prescription to clear this up

Please let me know if you need any more information and remember to rate my service to you