Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I have air coming out of my penis at the end of urination.

Customer Question
No pain is involved....
I have air coming out of my penis at the end of urination. No pain is involved. What is the reason? I have just finished a 10 day round of antibiotics (250mg Metronidazole x 1 and 500mg Levofloxacin x3) for Diverticulitis.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Diverticulitis 2 or 3 times per year.
JA: Is there anything else in your medical history you would like the urologist to know?
Customer: That's about it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
11/3/2016
Urologist: Dr. Chip, General Practice replied 1 year ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr. Chip

This could be from a prostate gland infection from gas-producing bacteria, or it could indicate a fistula connection between your intestines and your bladder from the diverticulitis.

You need a urinalysis and culture and a ct scan with contrast to determine which is the problem and you may also need cystoscopy if a fistula is detected. That, if it's the problem, would require surgery to repair.

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General Practice