How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Since having a kidney stone removed 2 yrs ago I have

Customer Question

since having a kidney stone removed 2 yrs ago I have constant bladder infections my urologist has given up. any suggestions?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I take Cipro when it gets really bad and drink cranberry juice. Is there another Dr. I should see?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: This was the second kidney stone...the other was 35yrs ago
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
When was the last time you had a CT scan done since the stone surgery?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
about 6 mos ago
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the scan was good
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
no stones present? How old are you? Do you have diabetes? Have they done a bladder ultrasound to see if you are completely emptying your bladder?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am 78 no diabetes they have not tested to see if I empty my bladder
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is there a specialist I should consider seeing?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.
You need to see a urologist to do a bladder ultrasound to see if you are not emptying the bladder. This is the most common reason for someone your age to have recurrent infections. You may need to be started on a medication such as tansulosin to help empty the bladder. Hope this helps.