How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Stan Your Own Question
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 2113
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr Stan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a hard lump on shaft of penis toward head. Very

Customer Question

Hi yes I have a hard lump on shaft of penis toward head. Very noticable when erect. Wife first noticed it 6 months ago. Now larger like a 2nd one alongside it.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: Not do you define? Chronic as in always there? Yes. Same place
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I don't think so. Monogamous. 50.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

Can you send pictures?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

While I await your pictures. The possibilities for the "Lump" could be a cyst from a blocked oil gland under the skin or a tumor (benign or malignant). A picture will help me to differentiate the two. If a cyst, finding the opening and gently squeezing will remove the built up lubricant (wax like material) and reduce its size. If however it is a solid tumor you will need to see a Urologist to determine cause and possibly have it removed. So, please upload a picture so I can provide you with more information.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

Have you scheduled an appointment with a Urologist to have your "lump" evaluated and treated?