Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice
Experience:  I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co
13781349

I had Turp surgery on 9/16/2014 I had only clots after the

Customer Question

I had Turp surgery on 9/16/2014 I had only clots after the surgery until about Jan 2016 and only once in a while. Than about a month ago I had 2 clots but not blood this weekend I have had clots and bloody urine every time I went to the bathroom what gives?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

It is probably a new problem I fear from your history..

I do not think the TURP from 9/14 is related to causing this bleeding and clots now ...

I would have concern from other causes which could include kidney stones / bladder infection to cause hemorrhagic cystitis / bladder cancer / other possible causes

Advise that you follow up to be evaluated by a urologist

The cause needs testing to identify the cause to help with treatment

I hope that this is helpful for you.

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

I will be happy to get back with you.

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD