How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, MD
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 51429
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I randomly happened to notice a tiny, hard bump on the

This answer was rated:

Hi. I randomly happened to notice a tiny, hard bump on the top-side of my penis, right at the very base (where it meets my stomach, essentially). It does not hurt, nor is it visible, or protruding). On a side note, I have suffered from chronic pain in my abdomen/pelvic region for over 5 years now, and a full workup at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago could not find any answers. I doubt there is any correlation here, but I would like to know what that bump might be...and I guess you never know if the two are related.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: It is 24/7. I am taking tramadol and gabapentin to basically just mask it. The doctors likened it to nerves in this region being "cranked up" and sensing pain, even though there is no reason for them to be doing so. But no actual diagnosis.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I have been essentially quite healthy my entire life (36 years old) otherwise. In terms of other issues (aside from a lot of pain) that I noticed once this all began 6 years--and that might be of interest from a urologist's standpoint--is premature ejaculation, which had never been an issue until the exact same time this came about.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you could be feeling a subaceous cyst under the skin

or an ingrown hair follicle

or a blocked skin pore.

it doesn't sound related to your chronic abdominal pain issues.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am guessing if my nerves are messed up in my abdominal/pelvic region, it seems logical to think that my premature ejaculation (which started at exactly the same time as the pain) is related to whatever went wrong in my body. Honestly, this is the most troubling issue for me. Does this correlation say anything to you that might help narrow down what might be wrong with me? If nobody is able to help me find a "cure/remedy" for whatever is wrong with me, are there any medications (aside from, say, topical creams) that might help my PE? Thanks much for any insight you can offer.

premature ejaculation is a very common issue. and happens in many patients who don't have nerve damage.

there are lidocaine numbing creams which can help prolong your sexual function without climax.

also there are techniques you can use to delay ejaculation

you can read more about the pause, squeeze technique to delay ejaculation during masturbation which can help you last longer.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Dr. David and other Urology Specialists are ready to help you