Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

Went to toilet and urinated blood

Customer Question

Went to toilet and urinated blood
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have any pain or discomfort during urination?

Do you have symptom of 'frequent urination'?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptom you have described of having blood in urine/urinated blood is medically called as hematuria.

Often, bloody urine is from a problem in your kidneys or other parts of the urinary tract or its the prostate.Its most common causes are:benign pro static hyperplasia (BPH; enlarged prostate) in men over especially over 50 age,prostate infection or inflammation (prostities)kidney stones and bladder stones,infection of the bladder, kidney, or urethra.Other causes can be blood related disorders or certain medications can also cause this.

You need following tests:

-Urinalysis-Urine culture & sensitivity test
-Digital rectal examination
-Ultrasound
-PSA test

The most common cause at your age of 54 is benign pro static hyperplasia (BPH; enlarged prostate).With age, the prosate gland may begin to grow & cause such symptoms.This is not serious or dangerous condition & is not an emergency.It is treated with medications.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your urologist to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Is there is anything else that you would like to know? I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I seem to have a sore right testicle other than that I seem ok
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,the sore right testicle you are having can be due to prostate gland disease or infection or inflammation like epididymitis(inflammation of the epididymitis-a duct through which sperm leaves the testicle) or orchitis(inflammation of a testicle with bacteria or a virus).

Benign pro static hyperplasia (BPH; enlarged prostate) seems to be the most probable cause of your symptoms.

Again,please do not worry & make an appointment with your urologist for the above described tests to find out the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.Have you consulted the urologist?

What was final diagnosis made?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh