Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

Would prostrate cancerr cause a 6 month loss of 35-40 pounds

Customer Question
of my weight and what...
would prostrate cancerr cause a 6 month loss of 35-40 pounds of my weight and what are the symptoms
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: they want to go into me with a colonoscopy and interior pictures ant at 90 I do not think a cure
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no he does not yet know my answer
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/7/2016
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 1 year ago

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am a cancer doctor

cancer can cause weight loss, but other issues can cause weight loss as well such as hyperthyroidism, bowel inflammation which can cause poor nutrition absorption, chronic illness can cause weight loss

prostate cancer can often have very little to no symptoms.

there is a flawed screening test of blood PSA levels and finger rectal prostate physical exam which trieds to detect prostate cancer early.

why do you think you may have prostate cancer?

you should have a CT scan of your body to see why you may be loosing weight, even at 90 years old.

if you don't know what you have inside of your body, there is no way to know if it is curable or not.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist