Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I was dxx with prostatitis via rectal exam..Was on cipro for

Customer Question
5 weeks. Everything seem to...
I was dxx with prostatitis via rectal exam..Was on cipro for 5 weeks. Everything seem to clear up..Multiple times having sex with my wife, no symptoms. But the other day, my wife and I was having sex and when I ejaculated, I could actually feel the symptoms coming on. They did for the last 3 days...Not as bad as before but they are there and annoying mentally...Some burning after urinating, dull ache, pelvis feeling boogy....Should I be worried?..can me and my wife passing bacteria to each other?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
10/6/2016
Urologist: DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor replied 1 year ago
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay

Sorry to hear about your problem

It seems you either have prostatitis or UTI which is giving you such symptoms. At times these infections can recur and you should not be worried about it as it will go away with treatment. You need to see the doctor for an examination and a urinalysis . You will need a course of antibiotic to get rid of the infection. This infection in prostate is unlikely to be transmitted through sexual encounter so you just relax and see the doctor for an evaluation and likely antibiotic therapy.

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why did it come back?

Sometime the infection just suppresses with antibiotics and it does not go away completely and leads to recurrence of infection. Also if there is functional or structural bladder problem, ejaculatory duct problems, increased pelvic wall tension and non specific prostate inflammation all can contribute to recurrent infection

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Are you with me ?

Do ask if any more question

Regards

DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor