Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

My mum is having pain and she thinks itb is her blader

Customer Question
my mum is having pain and she thinks itb is her blader
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
9/30/2016
Urologist: Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice

Hello!

If she has pain in her bladder then we would first suspect a bladder infection as cause ( UTI ) She should get checked as soon as reasonable by her doctor to have the urine checked. I suspect that she will benefit from a course of antibiotic for a bladder infection. Her doctor may consider also other possible causes for her pain...

Here in the US we have an over the counter product >>AZO which helps with bladder pain >> ask your pharmacist/chemist if such is also available in Australia over the counter ( Pyrideum is similar) This product turns the urine orange but has a bit of a numbing effect to ease bladder discomfort..

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

I will be happy to get back with you.

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.

Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD