How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 5211
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a dull intermittent pain in my left testicle, A few

Customer Question

I have a dull intermittent pain in my left testicle
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: A few days and ibuprofen hellos. I have been riding my bike everyday for 5 miles. I am 76
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.


Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Have you noticed any swelling in testicle?

On a grade of 1 to 10 how would you rate the pain?

Do you have associated itching?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Burning urination?

Waiting for your reply…


Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No swelling or itching or burning urination. Pain is grade 3 and ibuprofen eliminated. No other health problems. I am 76 and ride bike 5 miles everyday
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Maybe I squeezed my testicle riding
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.


Thanks for all these additional details.

I can understand your concern.

Well, Bike riding can compress the prostate and stir up any possible bacteria in there, causing prostatitis. Your symptoms sound consistent with prostatitis.

It would cause dull pain in the testicle as the bacteria in the prostate can reflux through the vas deferens and infect the testicle as well, causing orchitis.

To treat, it you would need Antibiotics -- if the infection is caused by bacteria, Anti-inflammatory medications and Painkillers would be given.

You need to consult your doctor, for detailed examination of the scrotum, testicles, and penis. Also a A scrotal ultrasound should be done.

You need to undergo- Complete blood count, Urine test, Urine flow study for complete diagnosis.
You should wear loose undergarments, and avoid doing any exercises.

You should avoid bike riding, til you get this issue managed.
Please do not ignore your symptoms, and get it clinically evaluated by doctor.
Please make an appointment with Urologist for evaluation and management.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards