Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I am a 22 year old female. I have been seeing a urologist,

Customer Question
but I still have not...
I am a 22 year old female. I have been seeing a urologist, but I still have not found a solution to the problems I have been having. I have had 4 UTI's this summer alone, so my urologist sent me for an ultrasound, which showed inflammation in my right kidney. I then had a cystoscopy and an x-ray of my kidney, which both came back normal. My doctor put me on Nitrofurantin 50mg. I have been taking it a week since the cystoscopy, but my symptoms have seem to be getting even worse despite being on the suggested medication. I have been having similar symptoms of a UTI(But no active infection), pain ascending from my urethra to my bladder, and pressure in my pelvic area. What possibly could this be? I don't see the doctor again for another two weeks, but I can't handle this discomfort
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
9/9/2016
Urologist: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have any discharge from the vagina ?

Has the doctor thought of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Hello

I am awaiting a reply from your end.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.
Regards

Dr Pravin

Hello

I am awaiting a reply from your end.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Hello

I am awaiting a reply from your end.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist