Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

Well I have scar tissue on my penis from masturbation, and

Customer Question

well I have scar tissue on my penis from masturbation, and Im wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the sensitivity
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: I have difficulty reaching orgasim during sex yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no nothing relevant
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. How long has this been a problem? What is your age? Are you on any medications?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 6 years. The head of my penis is less sensitive. I was in a car accident where I suffered a TBI and I recall masturbating excessively which caused an open wound on the head of my penis, and it did not come to mind to let it heal during my injured state.
I am 25 and no. The only medication/supplement that Ive been taking is fish oil everyday as a recommendation from the neurologist I saw.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that the sensitivity loss is due to both nerve ending damage as well as the scarring tissue which is primarily focused on the top of my penis gans. I should mention that I am circumcised as well
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

I see. Are you having any problems with getting an erection or staying hard?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other issues besides a lack of sensitivity
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dr. bob?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Studies show that the penis steadily loses sensitivity as men age, starting at about 25, though it's hard to say exactly by how much. In your case, you have the added issue of the scar tissue which is less sensitive than normal tissue. At 6 years, the nerves are pretty well set, so there is no practical way to make them come alive again to where they were before. What you can do is focus on the areas that are still normal in terms of sensation. For example, the underside of the glans tends to be the most sensitive portion of the penis. If you focus on stimulation there, and there is little or no scar tissue, you should be able to get quite stimulated. In addtion, you can try over-the-counter creams and gels that sensitize the penis such as Msensual formula or the herbal product ViaPal-hGH,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ugh. that's disappointing news. Is there anything that can be done with stem cells? In the making possibly?
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Stem cell technology is still in its infancy, but you are very young...so who knows, maybe there will be options to treat this in 5 or 10 years.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one could only hope. Thank you Dr. Bob
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Keep the faith. :-)