DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My husband just received his BUN ratio result which is 27.

Customer Question

Hello! My husband just received his BUN ratio result which is 27. He is 61 and is taking Enbrel for his arthritis. Should this ratio be a concern?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He goes this Tuesday. He's on Lisinipril (sp), low-dose adult aspirin, 800 mg Ibuprofen a day for pain, and Enbrel injectable
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: The pain is from a ruptured disk. He had an MRI this morning so will see the progression after that.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Urology
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the normal reference range for BUN in your report ?

What about the creatinine value ?

Regards

I would suggest that he should have a serum creatinine checked as well. The high BUN can be of concern and he should avoid taking Ibuprofen. He should also have a urinalysis for proteinuria or hematuria . He needs further investigations .

What kind of arthritis he is having ? Rheumatoid or Ankylosing spondylitis ?

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards