How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 5333
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After having sex or ejaculating I clots of blood and

Customer Question

After having sex or ejaculating I Piss clots of blood and sometimes in sperm
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.


Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

May i know your age?

For how long you have this problem?

Have you undergone any tests?

Any other health or medical problems ?

Burning urination ?

Waiting for your reply…


Customer: replied 11 months ago.
39 a year or two
No tests
No medical problems
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Only after ejaculating
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.


Thanks for all these additional details.

I can understand your concern.

Well, passing blood clots in urine along with passing blood with semen after ejaculating, is indicative of underlying medical issue and should be further evaluated by doctor.

Possible reasons are-

-Inflammation of the ejaculatory ducts,
-Infection(including STD & non STDs),
-Epyditimitis- The cause of your epyditimitis could be bacterial, or an STD source.

The most common cause with such symptoms is- Prostate enlargement.
For the time, take plenty of fluids and drink Cranberry juice.

You need to undergo-
-Digital rectal examination,
-Urine culture test
-Semen test
-STD tests
-Ultrasound test.

After tests, precise diagnosis can be achieved.

Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management. If required, they may refer you to Urologist and get it managed.

Hope this helped.

If there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards