How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Urodoc Your Own Question
Urodoc, Doctor
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 9268
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Urodoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had sex with a girl and after sex I have had this

Customer Question

I have had sex with a girl and after sex I have had this redness to my penis head it's very dry swollen red all the time after sex. I have been tested for STI and STD and everything else and it has all come back negative. I have talked to a couple of GP and dermatologists and they said I have balanitis however all the cremes haven't helped me. There is colour discharge on my penis head now. Sometimes it gets a bit itchy I have had this problem for a long time. When it happened the first time it felt like it was really rough and like sand paper after two days I had a redness and dry penis head nothing else.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Urodoc replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,in my opinion,it's balanitis.

It can be caused due to fungal infection/bacterial/allergic to harsh soaps,not rinsing soap off properly while bathing /poor hygiene. It is also possible to have an irritation balanitis, which could follow intercourse if the woman used a feminine hygiene product to which you are sensitive.

As you had already tried creams with little effects so I would recommend that you would need to get a swab of the infected area to get it cultured to know for the cause of infection and get treatment accordingly.

Recent studies have shown that balanitis is due to a chemical reaction seen due to frequent washing with soap.

So clean your genital area with plain water.

Wear loose fitted clothes to prevent friction.

Also use abzorb powder if you have excessive sweating.

Start a multi-vitamin supplement.

The best option may be to be seen by a urologist to perform an appropriate evaluation.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
is this something I should be worried about or? I have had it for over two years the creme would help but never fully recover it and I don't know if I'm using the right creme and if I was doing it all correctly. I used DermAid 1% cream it contains hydrocortisone and I also used Canesten cloteimazole anti fungal cream but I felt like every time I would get a shower I used shampoo it would make it worst. So I dunno if I was actually ever doing my recovery properly. So I should go to my local GP and I will tell him to be sent to a urologist and take it from there than do you think that is the best option. I'm just worried it's been going on for a while that I didn't do any damage to my skin or anything like that.
Expert:  Urodoc replied 12 months ago.

I do think that you should visit your local GP and ask him to refer you to a urologist for a second opinion as well.

I do think DermAid 1% should be helpful in your case.

I hope this helps

Expert:  Urodoc replied 12 months ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Because the cremes are not working should I just leave it and not touch it or put something on it because it's not improving? I go to the urologist in 3 weeks but it's not getting any better I feel like from what I read around online about my symptoms I should be taking some tablets with cremes or get the swelling down first and than heal it with cremes?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
After the shower my penis is very dry abd I feel like I need to put something on it to stop my foreskin from getting sticky to my penis head.
Expert:  Urodoc replied 11 months ago.

Probably you should not over clean it again and again with soap or water as it can also result in irritation.

You should discuss with your doctor if your need to get any culture or sensitivity test.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
should I continue putting on Derm aid creme? Morning and night how many times a day? If I can't wash it in water much what would be the best way to wash it?
Expert:  Urodoc replied 11 months ago.

You can just wash while shower once a day.

You should continue Derm Aid cream as prescribed by your doctor.Usually it can be applied twice a day.