Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

My daughter is Handicapped she is not going to the toilet

Customer Question
I've had some trimethoprim of...
My daughter is Handicapped she is not going to the toilet I've had some trimethoprim of the doctor but it hasn't worked can you suggest something else thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
8/14/2016
Urologist: Dr Josh, Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is her age?

Does she had urinary retention?

Since how long she has these symptoms of discomfort/not going for urination?

Any pain in abdomen?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My daughter is 55 but mentally a baby she is not urinating very much at all she can't talk and wairs napkins she started with the Simtons last Thursday she's had a corse of trimethoprim but they have'nt worked

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

The symptoms your daughter is having is medically called as urinary retention.The main causes of this are:

• For women – one of the common causes of difficultly in urination is an anterior prolapse / bladder prolapse which can distort the urethra and restrict the flow of urine.
  • Obstruction to the flow of urine through the urethra
  • Weak bladder muscle
  • Nerve damage from diabetes, stroke, or spinal cord injuries
  • Blockages, such as a stone or growth

A pelvic exam will be done to check for blockages.She needs to be evaluated by urologist and following tests are recommended:

She may need to be catheterize & prescribed with antibiotics and other medications accordingly.So my best advise for her is to make an urgent appointment with urologist to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

If there is anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just checking in to see how things are going.Had your daughter consulted the urologist?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician