How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, MD
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 46318
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having pain, discomfort and burning sensation in my

Customer Question

I'm having pain, discomfort and burning sensation in my lower abdomen, right above my private parts.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

sorry you are having pain there

this could be from an inguinal hernia, or a pilled or strained or torn groin muscle which can be strained from lifting or physical activity.

you need to see a doctor to get an examination and ultrasound of the area.

it sounds like you have been trying to ice the area like for a muscle strain.

groin muscle injuries can take several weeks to sometimes several months to improve.

do you have a doctor you can see who can examine the area?

you may benefit from physical therapy and stretching exercises to help strengthen the muscle there.

let me know if you have questions.