How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a 65 year old man who just had a sudden case of peyronies

Customer Question

im a 65 year old man who just had a sudden case of peyronies disease appear 30 days ago.
with mild sporadic pain during erections and an obvious approx 30 degree bent upward in the penis.
looking online it appears the oral medication has serious side effects, surgery sounds scarey, and injections not so great..
the on line prognosis reads poorly, it is worth chasing at this point ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to penetrate to have sex? Did you injure your penis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can carefully penetrate and I have no knowledge of an injury
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ps I have no real health issues.. im probably a 9 out of a 10 in being healthy and not fat etc....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
penis is probably smaller than normal so any loss in length is disturbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am I still on line with you ? not sure if I disconnected...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no answer here....
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
The loss of length is due to the scarring process from this medical problem called Peyronie's disease. This is due to microtrauma to your penis that you may or may not have recognized over the years. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to stop the scarring process. However, if the curvature is preventing you from being able to penetrate successfully for intercourse, you can see a urologist to consider an injection of a medication called Xiaflex which is an enzyme that is designed to dissolve scar tissue. This was just FDA proved last year. In the patients I have injected this medication into, I have had very good success rates in helping to improve the curvature by upwards of 50% or so. Other alternative treatment options include surgery to straight in the penis. However, the surgeries can be there shorten your penis further or they can make you had erectile dysfunction. You should discuss these options with your urologist. Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have an opinion of stretching exercises .
and any side effects of the injection and how many injections are usually needed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not able to call..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Stretching and straightening exercise will do you no good unless you have had the Xiaflex injections. A full course of injections is eight injections. I have seen results after 4 to 5 injections though.