How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 56245
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think i have Epididymitis, I had staph infection on and in

Customer Question

hi , i think i have Epididymitis
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I had staph infection on and in genital area. More specifically, i had a sore on the shaft of the penis and an infection inside my urethera. I was given antibiotics at the ER. The sore and the infection inside went away after treatment. Although, pain inside testical area persisted. I thought it was a result of nerve damage from the initial infection, so i delayed going back to the Dr. 4 months later pain in tesitcal area still exists. It is a dull pain that comes and goes, but makes it difficult to concentrate at a desk job. I saw a dr about it, the doctor gave me flagyl. Symptoms went away a little, but i still have the pain. Interestingly, the pain has moved from the left to the right area.
JA: Is the condition chronic, or acute?
Customer: can you define chronic and acute please
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i dont remember the antibiotics the ER prescribed me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

I agree that this sounds like epididymitis

I would recommend an extended course of cipro

That will take care of it

usually 4 weeks

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

thanks for this question

please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

if you have more questions, just reply