How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Urodoc Your Own Question
Urodoc, Doctor
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 9262
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Urodoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Foreskin fused to the glands. What should I do?

Customer Question

Foreskin fused to the glands. Tried Fucidic acid cream
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Urodoc replied 1 year ago.
Well as you describe,it's phimosis. You should see a Urologist for further evaluation and treatment.
Your doctor can prescribe a steroid cream called betamethasone for 6 weeks to help loosen the foreskin and then you can stretch the skin to allow you to pull it over the head of the penis twice a day. In majority of cases(86%),this treatment works. If it doesn't work by then, the doctor can consider a dorsal slit procedure to open the foreskin.
Last resort is circumcision.