Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

Have had to go to the bathroom to go pee about 30-40 times a

Customer Question
night. went to doctor and...
Have had to go to the bathroom to go pee about 30-40 times a night. went to doctor and urologist and have been told I have an enlarged prostate and kidney levels are twice above recommended levels. he also said it looks like my prostate is infected. kidney levels increased 3 times since 6 months ago. have had similar issues for years with having to go to the bathroom and enlarged prostate, but not nearly as this bad. about 2 weeks ago it started getting a lot worse out of a sudden maybe due to the prostate infection? how serious is this problem and what should I do to fix it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also, blood pressure levels have been high all the time 160-170 over 80-90 not sure if it would be related to this issue
7/9/2016
Urologist: Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice

Hello !

You need to consult also a NEPHROLOGIST ....as well as urologist ..

Numbers indicate problem with chronic kidney disease ...

NEPHROLOGIST needs to evaluate this issue ....

Urologist is a surgical specialty of the urinary tract -- Yes -- but you need the medical half of specialist for this as well..

Yes high blood pressure very much ties in with the kidney issues

Control of blood pressure is essential --- Yes to that

You will need to have added tests --- 24 hour urine for protein / creatinine clearance

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Your blood pressure should be 135/ 85 or better ON AVERAGE ....

Further discussion and detailed conversation would be fine

Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD